January 25, 2016

Chromebook implementation in full effect!

We used Chromebooks for the entire class today. I put everything up on Haiku – the warm-up topic, the lesson, the vocabulary (from Vocabulary.com!) and article homework for the week.

I have to admit, it did not go as well as it went last week. First, it was a little disorganized and hard for the students to find the pages I was referring to, which indicates I need to put a little more thought into how to make the navigation a bit more intuitive.

Secondly, I am thinking I will probably have to balance more between using the Chromebooks and having tech-free time to think and process…it took around 30 minutes for the students to figure out what we were doing and enter a simple warm-up response.

Finally, it was very labor-intensive to enter everything. I will have to see if this improves as I continue implementing Chromebooks.

Tasks Completed:

Copying

Planning

Teaching

Tallying 11th Grade Pre-Assessments

Email: read and replied

Updated website

Coaching conversation with coachee at lunch and after school regarding lessons on character traits and inference

Organized binders and folders

Researched items for the PD on Feb. 10th

Hours: 7:15-4:00 pm

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: